Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome Readers


Wow, a blog about my weight journey. S-C-A-R-Y!

I still need to learn more about how to use blogger because it came to my attention that when I comment on someone's blog they are able to find my blogs. I'm ok with strangers knowing about my journey and some of my friends/acquaintances reading these posts, but definitely would rather family and most friends/acquaintances just not even have a clue that this exists.

While the main purpose of this blog will be to journal my weight journey, I may throw in some other and completely off topic random posts from time to time.

Where do you fall on the BMI chart? Currently, I'm in the obese category. UGH! I need to lose about 45 pounds to be healthy. That sounds like soooooo much to me! I'm at a record high with my weight and wearing the biggest size of clothes that I've ever worn (and not liking how I look in them!).

I have gained and lost the same 30 lbs. several times. I know how to lose weight - exercise and healthy eating, no big secrets. I have GOT to figure out how to stop yo-yo-ing between a healthy and unhealthy lifestyle. I also need to figure out how to be OK again with counting calories. In the past I've felt like it can consume me and make me a bit neurotic.

A couple years ago I was also a bit neurotic with exercise as I trained to do a triathlon. That is one of my proudest accomplishments, but again I need to figure out how to have a healthy balance with exercise and other areas of my life. I did 11 races in 2010 and ZERO in 2011 and gained LOTS of weight. So... I'm back to promising myself to do one race a month. I did one a few weeks ago and while my time wasn't the best, I was glad I did it. I'll be doing another one in a couple of weeks. Races are good for me b/c they make me do some training before the race and show me where I'm at physically.

I also need to figure out how often I'll post on this blog. I think once a week would be a good commitment.

See you later, lighter and lovelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment